Thursday, June 17, 2010

Roses for you, My Loved one!

Hi all,

Another poem of the past... brought alive in my blog...This one brings fond memories to my mind. :)


>> At the dawn of a new hope-filled year,
I rose to the sound of the door bell ringing, my Dear,
Sleepily I paced my steps ahead towards the milk-man
Astonished as I was to find a bouquet delivery man.

>> Holding a whole bunch of blood red-color roses,
With a touching note to my heart, from my Love, so close,
That gratified my soul with warmth and love,
Reminding me of the good old hope-giving messenger dove.

>> As I inhaled the fragrance of everlasting tenderness,
There emerged within my being a feeling of longing togetherness.
A rush of adrenalin raced up in me, to bond with my Love,
Who, like the distant sun, was sheltering me with his warmth, all over.

>> As I danced around my mother to express my new-found joy,
I imagined sharing moments with him, being happy and coy,
Knowing that these moments would mark the beginning,
Of a life that was profound with a love, a purpose and a meaning.

>> At the onset of our new year of our marriage , My Love,
I gift you my heart, that has turned into a carriage of love.
Employing it, you and me can travel through time,
Singing the glory of our cherished relationship in a rhyme.

>> Glancing through the window of this carriage, I see
The brilliant sun rising high, greeting you and me.
Two lovers lost in sharing treasured moments walking on cloud nine,
Leaving immortal footprints on the endless sands of time.

1 comment:

J said...

Ahem, ahem...;) I can visualise you dancing around your mom with your trademark smile and enthusiasm in your 11th road house!!:) You write well girl, keep writing!